Monday, 26 January 2009

Some more pictures

Well I guess I'll post some more pictures of my quilts.
When I was finishing the quilt I was making for my son and daughter-in-law's wedding my husband said he really liked the quilt and wanted to know if I could make one for him too.. so I said yea, I guess I could do that. So one day while I was at the quilt shop I found this really neat panel fabric that I thought would be perfect for him since he likes hunting and outdoor life, and I remembered that I had seen a pattern in one of the quilt magazines that would work. So I bought the fabric and of course the blocks were not the same size as the pattern called for, so being fairly new to quilting, I was very nervous about making this quilt. So the fabric sat for quite awhile till I finally got up enough nerve to dive into it. I decided I would just add a border around each block to make it the same size as the pattern called for.... well when it was all done I thought it was pretty easy. Now to make the rest of the quilt and all those trees, which took some time, but I managed to get it all done within 4 months... of course there were other projects I was working on during this time too... and of course Christmas and making some quilted gifts too. Anyway, when I got it all done and hubby saw it, he was really happy to have a quilt made by me. So this is the quilt I made for my hubby.

2 comments: