I haven't even been in my sewing room for almost a week, and I miss being in there sewing, last week I did manage to take Friday off and go to town for a sewing day at my lqs, once a week the quilt shop owner invites me in to sew for the day, she and a friend are usually working on store samples and I get to work on my own projects, it's nice to have a whole day, with no interruptions, to work on a project, we have a nice visit and a few laughs along the way.
Saturday night my hubby and I went out to a dinner theatre with some friends, we had a very nice meal of roast pork, roast potatoes, carrots, gravy and a couple of salads and angel food cake with whip cream and Saskatoon berry sauce, the roast potatoes and gravy were to die for!
The show was excellent, it was called "Dearly Beloved", it was hilarious, some of the actors/actress's in it were unbelievably good, and they should be very proud of themselves, I laughed so hard at times I had tears in my eyes! This was the first time we've gone to the dinner theatre there and we will definitely go back again next year!
Anyway, I guess for now I will continue to post some pictures of my completed quilts, and then I need to get back to work and get working on my books.

Snowman in the Woods, I love snowmen, so I had to make this one, it was made the winter of 2003, it was a pattern from Quiltmaker Magazine, some paper piecing, applique and piecing. Measures 35 x 45.

I made this one for my youngest daughter, she was 19 at the time, I was going to make it for myself, but she said she would like one too, so I said ok you pick out the fabrics you want and I'll make it for you. This was March 2004. I still haven't made one for myself!!

I made this one for my Dad for his 85th Birthday, when I seen the fabric, right away I thought of my Dad, he loves horses and he's a farmer, so it was perfect for him. So I bought it to make a Through My Widow for him, he really liked it.
In June of 2004 my brother was planning on having a surprise birthday party for his wife, who was turning 50, so I decided to make her this wallhanging,it's called "Brown Eyed Susan". She was so surprised and happy when she opened it, made me feel good!

My niece was expecting her first baby later that summer, so I made her a fleece blanket and gave it to her the same weekend of my sister-in-law's birthday party.
No comments:
Post a Comment