Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Today I would like to share with you a quilt that I made for my oldest sister right after she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She was going to start taking treatments and I felt I needed to make her a quilt to keep her warm and help comfort her and she could feel my love wrapped up in the quilt.
When I gave it to her and told to take it with her on her treatment days she oh no it's to pretty to take and it might get dirty, and I told her that's it's washable so don't worry out it getting dirty.
Anyway, she didn't get to take many more treatments after that because the tumor changed it's shape and cut the bile duct couldn't work properly and things went from bad to worse for her. But she had it in her hospital room and it kept her warm in her bed, and it was with her when she passed away, so I'm glad that she had some comfort from it.
A few weeks after my sisters funeral my niece asked if I would like to have the quilt back, even though I would have loved to have it because I made it for her but I told my niece that I wanted her to have it, so she has it with her and I hope she finds comfort in it now.


Front of Quilt
 
Close up of quilt
 
 The label I made for the back
 
 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. Made with love, certainly this quilt brings comfort still. Keep on quilting on. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you Lorna, definitely made with lots of love, yes it does still bring comfort. Love quilting, not enough time to do it though.

    ReplyDelete