Well it’s been awhile since I’ve posted anything, and I just downloaded the Windows Live Writer, so I guess I’ll try it out and see how it works.
So here’s a picture of a wall hanging I made for my daughter’s boyfriend for his birthday, he is a John Deer nut and a farmer, so when I found some JD fabric I decided to made him a wall hanging. July 2004
I found an awesome Fall Fabric at my LQS one year, so of course I had to buy it, but I didn’t have any co-ordinates to go with it, and we were planning a trip up to Grande Prairie to visit hubbies brother and his family, so I took a piece of the fabric with me, thinking we could stop at a quilt shop along the way. Well we never managed to stop at any quilts shops, but one day my sister-in-law and I went shopping and we found a quilt shop, I was so excited when I found a whole bunch of fabrics that would work with my fall fabric. So I bought a few of them, and when we got home from our holiday I quickly started working on this table runner, I was so happy with the way it turned out. I think it’s one of my favorite runners. It ended up that I had enough of this fabric to make 2 more of these runners, so I gave one to my Mom and one to hubbies Mom for Christmas that year. Sept. 2004
Some fabric bowls that I made with left over fall fabrics.
I had previously mentioned that I had made a few of the Hearts Wall hangings, so here is one of the other one’s I’ve made. This one I made for my oldest daughter, just because she liked it and wanted one, so she went through my stash and picked out some fabrics in the colors that she wanted. Nov. 2004
This is the wall hanging I made using Jodi Barrows “Square in a Square'” Ruler. I love the fact that it is so easy to use, and you always get your points, unless you make a wrong cut! I think it does use up a bit more fabric than regular piecing, but no more than you’d waste doing paper piecing. I made one of these for myself and one for my son and d-i-l for Christmas Dec. 2004
As you may already know, I love snowmen, whenever I see some cute snowman fabric I have to buy it, for that matter anything cute that has anything to do with snowmen I have to buy. I have a number of snowmen that my kids have bought me for Christmas or that I bought myself. I really need to stop buying them, as I’ m running out of room to put them. I had found some really cute snowman panels, so I bought some and made a number of placemats, some I gave away for Christmas gifts, some I gave to my daughter and some I’ve kept for myself. Some I made with yellow binding and some with blue binding. Dec. 2004
Another snowman wall hanging, I would say that it’s pretty much a miniature, I think the pattern was originally paper pieced, but I preferred to do appliqué instead. The whole thing is 9” wide by 16” long and each block is about 2 7/8” x 3 1/4” It’s pretty tiny, but it was fun to make. Jan. 2005
This next snowman I made around the same time, I call him my “Country Snowman”
Another “Hearts” Wall hanging… this one I made for my niece for her shower when she was getting married. March 2005
Everlasting Harvest Wall hanging .. I made this one for myself with some fabrics that picked out at a quilt shop we stopped at on a trip home from summer holidays.. it measures 27 x 35 /12 I found the border fabric at the quilt shop and some of the other fabrics I used in the wall hanging, I absolutely love the border fabric, and wish I had purchased more if it, but it’s too late now. I’m not crazy about summer ending and winter being just around the corner, but I can’t wait and really love to hang this wall hanging up ever year. I did the inside border with a stitch on my machine and was really happy how it turned out. June 2005
Another fun one to doo was this “Fun and Bright Flower Vase” It was a free pattern from one of the fabric companies, I don’t remember which one now, but I really love how it turned out, I leave this one hanging all year around, because I love the bright colors and the cheerfulness of it June 2005
This one I made because I have a fish pond and I liked the fabric, a because it reminds me of my pond. I love to sit outside near my pond in the spring and summer and watch my fish swimming and jumping around, they are fun to watch when they’re eating. This one I named “On Golden Pond” Summer 2005
You have some of the cutest work here! Your wallhangings are darling and it's obvious you're a wonderful gift giver to those you love! Also, thank you so much for linking up to my free quilt patterns site. Not everyone can figure out how to add the widget...good for you that you did! With Heart and Hands....Michele
ReplyDelete